Monday 30 November 2015

Big Cat Pair - Panthers in "Ambush Style"

These go back a while, lurking in a 'loft box', in an almost but not quite finished state. I am sure these were ESCI originals, for I was intent on grabbing a third when Italeri briefly re-released them, but "missed" my window of opportunity. Meanwhile what I had got painted in my classic Tamiya paints based "three-tone camo", but as per the cool 'box art' the next step is to polka-dot it "ambush style" (see below):


The general camouflage scheme maybe too broad a swathe, I must have had a bigger brush in those days compared to now, as seen in the more recent Mk IVs but I still like it (see below):


The panzer commander figure is still one of the coolest IMHO and comes from an old ESCI Panzer III.

4 comments:

Al said...

Nice!

Paul Foster said...

Its a winner mate.

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Well done. It's a very tricky type of camouflage to get right. I'm not that brave.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks lads
Still a little bit more WW2 to come before I get distracted ;)