Monday 2 February 2015

AWI Brtish Infantry "Rethink and then Repose"

Well I have been looking at the Perry AWI British Infantry on my bathroom shelf (my prime 'painting project viewing' position, despite the wife's protestations) for quite a while now and I have come around to the unsavory conclusion that I did not like the back rankers "poses". They were a little too lackadaisical for my liking. A bit 'camp' Boy Scout not really meaning anything, just lumbering along holding a musket in one hand. Luckily the Perry box has a huge amount of variant poses, so after a few surgical 'arm breaking' they were recast with more menace (see below):


Looking at the spares still left in the box and I see that I can do the same again for the other regular line unit, maybe short by one pair of arms (the six lights in forage camp were already advancing menacingly). All-in-all still worth the faff for the end result, especially as I will have have to contend with Renko's elite 'well painted' troops when I finally get round to playing agame of Muskets and Tomahawks.

2 comments:

Mad Padre said...

An interesting place to ponder one's minis. Your wife is very patient, I'm sure.
Renko had some interesting things to say of late about historicity in M&T.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

The shelf is also high enough to be away from the kids outstretched arms ;)

Renko is an "officer and a gentleman" and I feel his pain. I have seen too many competition DBM/DBMM (the latter at least tries to do the "right thing") moves in my time.

It turns my stomach when a rule-set is turned 180 degrees in order to win via a "cunning mechanism". I don't mind "trying things out" but the "factor bandits" who get a +1 via clever interpretation are tiring :(

Rant over