Thursday 28 November 2013

Thirty Day Challenge No.II (Movember)

Following on from the TED talk "you can do pretty much anything for 30 days" I embarked on my second Thirty Day Challenge: Movember

No previous experience of wearing a moustache:
I once had a beard (for about a month) in my early thirties (just to shock the family when I returned home after a long trip, all I can say it was great shaving it off) but since then bar the occasional "forty eight hour weekend man-stubble" I have been a regular wet-shaving man.

Twenty eight days in and I'm itching, wondering where this wire brush came from under my nose, living like a monk, still surprised nobody has passed a remark on my striking resemblance to Tom Selleck (aka Magnum), but disturbingly several people have made passing references to John Cleese (Faulty Towers), Captain Mainwaring (Dad's Army) and Roger de Corcey (of Nookie the Bear fame).

The result after thirty days (see below): 


Oh well it's all for a good cause, promoting publicity about :
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Mental Health Issues
The aim is to fund research and drive away the stigma associate with the above, the latter I believe as important as the research. 

Note: Rest assured my third "Thirty Day Challenge" (which has already started) is more wargaming orientated ;)

2 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Good show Geordie. After my Bearduary effort at the start of the year my wife has ensured my supply of razors is constant.

Best of luck.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Cheers Paul

I am so desperate to shave it off
Just a few more hours until morning and the family watch me transform like The Doctor off Dr Who ;)